This Delicious Pie Recipes page has Unforgettable & Irresistible Pie Desserts!
Pie Recipes included on this page:
Scrumptious Apple Pie, Fresh Glazed Strawberry Pie, Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Meringue Pie, Libby’s Famous Pumpkin Pie, Nanny’s Never Fail Pie Crust, Delicious Chocolate Pudding Pie, Kristi’s Chocolate Pecan Pie, Easiest French Silk Pie
Here is our growing list of delicious pie recipes.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This scrumptious Apple Pie recipe was created by Annette’s Aunt Grace and has been passed down for three generations. It shows up every Thanksgiving, and some of our kids (and Steve too) request it for their birthday dessert. There is nothing more American than apple pie!
- 1 Double Pie Crust
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 7 to 8 large apples (we use a mixture of 3 varieties of apples with one always being Granny Smith apples) Cut each apple into 12 slices (wedges)
- 1 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbs Minute Tapioca
- 1 1/2 Tbs Flour
Before cutting apples, prepare the bottom crust and place in the pie plate. Take one egg and beat until foamy. With a pastry brush, brush egg onto the pie crust and let it dry while preparing apples. This is a very important step to prevent the crust from becoming soggy.
In a large bowl toss apples and lemon juice.
In a second bowl mix the remainder of the ingredient list.
Pour the dry ingredients over the apples and stir until coated thoroughly.
Layer the apples in the pie shell/ plate, piece by piece to fit as many as possible and with as little air space as possible.
Cut up 2 TBS of margarine into pea-sized pieces and dot all over apples.
Place top crust on apples and brush with egg mixture. This will make the crust a beautiful golden brown.
Bake for 60 minutes at 400 degrees
Optional Topping instead of Crust – French Apple Pie Crumb Topping
- 2/3 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 5 to 6 Tbs Melted Crisco or Margarine
Mix ingredients together in a bowl until they turn into big clumps of gooey goodness. This recipe can be doubled if you need more crumb mixture.
Spread on top of apple mixture.
Cover the entire pie with aluminum foil and cook for 40 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove the foil and cook for an additional 20 to 30 minutes. This allows the crumb topping to turn golden brown.
Our daughter Becky found this delicious recipe for Fresh Glazed Strawberry Pie . . . It is so good we rarely have anything left over!
- 4 Oz Cream Cheese
- 9-inch pie crust cooked
- 3 Pounds of Strawberries total
- (Dice 3 Cups of Strawberries for glaze / Quarter the rest for the pie filling)
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 1⁄2 TBS Corn Starch
- 3⁄4 Cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1⁄4 Cup Brown Sugar
Cook the pie crust.
Soften the Cream Cheese, add Vanilla and Brown Sugar. Mix well. Coat the pie crust with softened cream cheese.
Glaze: Cut up and crush 3 cups of strawberries and add water. Cook together until strawberries turn to mush. Strain juice and save. Use mashed strawberries in smoothies or for strawberry cream cheese. Mix saved juice with Corn Starch and White Sugar. Boil until thick and clear. Add red food coloring if you want to.
Place cut-up strawberries in pie crust. Slowly pour glaze over the top of the strawberry mixture and chill.
You may need to make a second pie to avoid the riot that will occur if there isn’t enough to go around for seconds.
Optional: Use a Graham Cracker Crust if you prefer (we do!)
This is a super delicious recipe and it’s one of our favorites because we grow our own lemons. Even if you have to use store-bought lemon juice it will still be a tart and sweet favorite.
Pie Crust Instructions
- Bake Pie Shell at 350 degrees.
- Once you have pressed the pie crust dough into the pie tin, cover it with clean glass marbles.
- This will prevent bubbles from forming under the crust.
- Bake crust by itself before putting in lemon meringue filling for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/3 Cup plus 1 TBS cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Cups water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 3 TBS margarine or butter
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice
- (fresh squeezed is best)
- 2 drops yellow food color if desired
Lemon Filling Directions:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 1 1/2-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir at least half of the hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Stir into hot mixture in saucepan.
- Boil and stir one minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in margarine, lemon peel, lemon juice and food color.
- Pour into pie shell.
Meringue Topping Ingredients for 9 Inch Pie
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 6 TBS Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Using an electric hand mixer with a whisk attachment:
- Beat Egg Whites with Cream of Tartar in a 3-quart bowl until foamy
- Beat in Sugar, 1 TBS at a time: until stiff and glossy
- Add Vanilla and continue beating until it gets stiff
- Spread Meringue with a plastic spreading spatula on top of the lemon pie. Carefully sealing Meringue to the edge of the crust to prevent shrinking or weeping.
- Place entire pie in the oven and bake at 400 degrees until top of meringue turns a delicate brown.
This is THE famous Libby’s pumpkin pie recipe that’s been on Libby’s canned pumpkin label since 1950. It’s our family favorite.
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- (15 ounce) Can Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can Evaporated Milk
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- Add pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 F.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Pies and the holidays are synonymous. This recipe has been handed down from my Nanny to my mom to me and then to my kids. It’s quick and it never fails. Pies and the holidays are synonymous. This recipe has been handed down from my Nanny to my mom to me and then to my kids. It’s quick and it never fails.
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Crisco or Margarine
- One Egg
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 5 TBS Ice Water
Mix flour and salt: Cut in Crisco or margarine. In a separate bowl whip together egg, vinegar, and ice water.
Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix until dough sticks together and forms a ball.
Roll out between sheets of waxed paper. Peel off top layer of waxed paper and flip rolled out dough onto pie plate.
This dough can be rolled and re-rolled, it does not get tough. Can be refrigerated for one week. Makes 1 double crust pie.
Optional: Nuts chopped very fine in a food processor can be added to this crust for added flavor depending on the filling.
This is such a simple recipe and it is absolutely devoured every time we serve it. The graham cracker crust is delicious and . . . well, you really can’t ruin chocolate pudding.
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups crushed Graham Crackers
(about 18 squares)
1/3 to 1/2 cup melted margarine or
3 TBS Sugar
Directions for Graham Cracker Crust:
Mix ingredients in a bowl until moist. Press into a pie tin with the bottom of a spoon and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
Mix 5 oz. box of chocolate pudding with 3 cups of milk (whole or 2 percent work best). Cook on medium heat until it comes to a full boil. Cool for five minutes, stirring twice.
Pour into 9-inch Graham Cracker crust
Refrigerate for at least three hours until set. Store in refrigerator (if there is any room left – highly unlikely this time of year).
7. Kristi’s Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup Karo syrup
- 3 TBS Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Cups pecan halves
- 2/3 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 TBS Bourbon
Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat eggs well. Stir in sugar, Karo, butter, vanilla, and salt. Stir in nuts, chips, and bourbon. Pour into unbaked pie crust.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cover edges with foil if needed while baking. Cool to room temp before serving. Chill leftovers.
8. Easiest French Silk Pie Recipe
No Raw Eggs – Chocolate Yumminess
This is an amazingly easy, delicious, and chocolaty French Silk Pie recipe. And, unlike other French Silk Pie Recipes, this one uses no Raw Eggs making it safer to eat. The cream cheese in the mixture creates the illusion and creaminess of the raw eggs.
French Silk Pie Ingredients:
- 2 ounces Baker’s Chocolate
- 2 Ounces of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- 2 Cups of Heavy Cream
- ½ Cup White Sugar
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 9 inch Pie Crust Browned
Watch the video below to learn how our daughter Becky makes this delicious pie recipe
French Silk Pie Directions:
Combine 2 oz Baker’s Chocolate with 2 oz of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. Add 4 Tablespoons of butter and microwave for 30 seconds to melt the mixture. Check, stir and heat until completely melted.
In a separate bowl beat 8 Ounces of Softened Cream Cheese until smooth. Keep the mixer going and slowly add 2 Cups Powdered Sugar using a large spoon. Mix until smooth. [Be sure to hold onto the spoon (see blooper at the End of the Video)]
Combine Chocolate Mixture with Cream Cheese and Sugar Mixture – fold the two together using a plastic spoonula. Fold until completely mixed.
Pour chocolate mixture into a browned 9-inch piecrust.
Jiggle mixture to fill to the edge of the pie crust.
Top with Whipped Cream and Mini Chocolate Chips (or chocolate shavings).
Refrigerate and serve.
Serves 8 to 12 (this is loaded with delicious calories)