We have watched almost all of the PG-13 Romantic Movies listed below. All of them are family-friendly and are perfect for Valentine’s Day Movie Mania night. Or any other night when you just want to snuggle up together.
If you’re looking for a movie that will warm your heart, try these. We’ve picked movies with romance in them and romantic comedies from war flicks and heartwarming stories to total suspense! We’ve combined some of our favorites with a huge list provided by our Facebook Fans!
Romantic Movies suitable for Family Viewing
You may want to preview some of the movies produced after 1970 before watching them with your children.
Many of these movies are available for “free” on Amazon Prime or Netflix.
Romantic Movies A-L
- 13 Going on 30 | 2004 | PG-13 | Jennifer Garner and Mark Ruffalo
- A Walk in the Clouds | 1995 | PG-13 | Keanu Reeves, Aitana Sanchez-Gijon, and Anthony Quinn
- Amazing Adventure, The | 1936 | NR | Cary Grant — One of our all-time favorite movies. Fantastic story, Fair video quality *
- An Affair to Remember | 1957 | TV-G | Deborah Kerr and Cary Grant
- Beauty and the Beast | 1991 | G | Disney Musical | Paige O’Hara , Robby Benson, Richard White and Jerry Orbach *
- Beauty and the Beast | 2017 | PG | (live-action) Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans
- Best Years of our Lives, The | 1946 | NR | Fredric March , Dana Andrews and Myrna Loy | 7 Academy Awards *
- Big Fat Greek Wedding | 2002 | PG | Nia Vardalos, John Corbett and Lainie Kazan*
- Captain Horatio Hornblower | 1951 | NR | Virginia Mayo and Gregory Peck
- Charade | 1963 | 7+ | Audrey Hepburn, Cary Grant and Walter Matthau | suspense
- Desk Set | 1957 | NR | Kathryn Hepburn and Spencer Tracy
- Dr. Zhivago | 1965 | PG-13 | Omar Sherif and Julie Christie | 7 Academy Awards
- Ella Enchanted | 2004 | PG | Ann Hathaway and Hugh Dancy | Musical
- Enchanted Cottage, The | 1941 | NR | Robert Young and Dorothy McGuire
- Ever After: A Cinderella Story | 1998 | PG-13 |Drew Barrymore and Anjelica Huston *
- Every Girl Should be Married | 1948 | NR | Cary Grant and Franchot Tone
- Father Goose * | 1964 | NR | Cary Grant, Leslie Caron and Trevor Howard
- Goodbye Mr. Chips | 1939 | NR | Robert Donat, Greer Garson and Terry Kilburn | Academy Award
- High Society | 1956 | NR | Bing Crosby, Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra | Musical *
- How to Steal A Million | 1966 | 13+ | Audrey Hepburn and Peter O’Toole
- Houseboat | 1958 | NR | Sophia Loren and Cary Grant
- It Happened One Night | 1934 | NR | Clark Gable, Claudette Colbert
- Kate and Leopold | 2021 | PG-13 | Meg Ryan and Hug Jackman
- Key Largo | 1948 | NR | Lauren Bacall, Humphrey Bogart and Edward G. Robinson)
- Love Comes Softly | 2010 | PG | Katherine Heigl, Dale Midkiff and Corbin Bernsen. Directed by Michael Landon Junior.
Romantic Movies M-Z
- Miss Potter | 2006 | PG | Renee Zellweger and Ewan McGregor
- Music Man | 1962 | NR | Robert Preston, Shirley Jones, Buddy Hackett
- My Man Godfrey | 1936 | William Powell, Carole Lombard *
- Operation Petticoat | 1959 | NR | Cary Grant and Tony Curtis *
- Persuasion | 1995 | PG | Fiona Shaw, Amanda Root and Ciaran Hinds *
- Philadelphia Story, The | 1940 | 13+ | James Stewart, Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn
- Pillow Talk | 1959 | 13+ | Rock Hudson, Doris Day and Tony Randall
- Pride and Prejudice | 2005 | PG | Keira Knightley, Matthew Macfadyen
- Quiet Man, The | 1952 | 7+ | John Wayne and Maureen O’Hara
- Return to Me | 2000 | PG | David Duchovny, Minnie Driver, Carroll O’Connor*
- Roman Holiday | 1953 | PG | Audrey Hepburn, Gregory Peck *
- Romancing the Stone | 1984 | PG | Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner
- Sabrina | 1955 and 1995 | we prefer the 1995 version with Harrison Ford, but the 1954 version is great too – Audrey Hepburn and William Holden *
- Sense & Sensibility | 1995 | PG | Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet *
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers | 1954 | G | Jane Powell and Howard Keel | Musical *
- Singing in the Rain | 1952 | NR | Debbie Reynolds, Gene Kelly and Donald O’Connor | Musical *
- Sleepless in Seattle | 1993 | PG | Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan and Bill Pullman
- Slipper and the Rose | 1976 | 7+ | Richard Chamberlain and Gemma Craven
- The Sound of Music | 1965 | G | Julie Andrews & Christopher Plummer | Musical *
- Sydney White | 2007 | PG-13 | Amanda Bynes, Sandra Paxton *
- The Vow | 2012 | PG-13 | Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum *
- While you were Sleeping | 1995 | PG | Bill Pullman and Sandra Bullock *
- You’ve Got Mail | 1998 | PG | Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan
- The Young Victoria | 2010 | PG | Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend
- Yours, Mine & Ours | 1968 | PG | Lucille Ball, Henry Fonda and Van Johnson*
We’ve provided links to Amazon (these are affiliate links from which we receive a small commission, to keep this website growing with lots of great tips).
Of course, you could always check your library for these Valentine movies and take them for a “test drive” and purchase only the ones you like.
How to Watch Many of These Movies for Free
Several of these movies can be found on Tubi, Hoopla (through your public library), Kanopy, and other free apps. We have an extensive list of Free Movie apps here.
* Indicates and Economides Family Favorite movie