Week 1 Meals
- Tropical Chicken with Mango, Pineapple & Onion, served with Rice
- Best Ground Beef Chili Cornbread with Green Salad
- Pork (roast, chops, ribs, or tenderloin), Baked Potatoes, Broccoli
- Creamy Cashew Chicken served with Rice
- Spaghetti & Meatballs with Green Salad
Week 2 Meals
- Autumn Chicken with rice
- Sloppy Joes Buns, Chips and Green Salad
- Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
- Nacho Chicken Rice and Green Salad
- Tagliarini with AppleSauce
Week 3 Meals
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta with Green Salad
- One Dish Happy Hash with Disappearing Fruit Salad
- Macaroni & Cheese with Kielbasa (or hot dog) slices and Sauteed Onions
- Chicken Enchiladas, Rice with Cooked Carrots
- Marinated Steak—Grilled, Foil Pack of Potatoes & Onions on the grill with Fresh Spinach Salad
Week 4 Meals
- Lemon Broccoli Chicken with Rice
- Hamburgers with Buns, Chips or Tater Tots with Asian Cabbage Salad
- Hot Dogs with Buns, Pork & Beans with Pickles
- Greek Chicken (Souvlaki)—Grilled, Corn and Greek Cucumber Salad (Tzatzki)
- Soft Tacos with tomatoes, lettuce, beans, cheese and sour cream
How To Use this Menu Plan
All of the menus listed include a protein, vegetables or fruits, and a starch. We plan meals for 5 days of the week and leave 2 days for left-overs or for eating out. Left-overs can also be taken to work as lunches.
If you are on a low-carb diet, you can eliminate the starches or reduce the portions. So, where rice is included, serve up half of the amount or eliminate it altogether.
Our chicken meals taste great with any cut of chicken. We have also substituted chicken with turkey (around Thanksgiving time).
Some of the recipes require that you use cooked chicken meat. In those instances, we usually cook the chicken in the crockpot or steam it in two or three cups of boiling water.
Our pork recipes can be made with just about any cut of pork including: pork roast, pork chops, pork ribs, country style pork ribs, pork tenderloin, smoked ham or any other cut.
Many of these recipes are gluten-free, and those that aren’t, can easily be modified.
More Low-Cost, Free Recipes:
We are adding new items to the recipe pages on our website all of the time – each one comes with a picture and a printable .pdf. Please feel free to visit our recipe directory landing page for all of the details.